The fencing camps offered by TRYumph Academy are an incredible opportunity for your child to have tremendous amount of fun while learning skills that will last them a lifetime. Fencing is a great way for kids of all ages to build agility, strength, endurance, and flexibility. In addition to fitness benefits, fencing promotes intellectual development, decision-making skills, self-discipline, and self-confidence.
The new fencers will learn proper fencing form and technique; basic fencing skills including footwork, blade work, and distance control; as well as fencing etiquette, rules, and sportsmanship (fencing is a noble sport after all). The code of chivalry and the modern Olympic values of friendship, respect, and excellence will be emphasized.
Kids age 5 to 17 are welcome to explore the world of Fencing!
|Full-Day||8:30am - 4:00pm|
What to Bring?
- Indoor athletic shoes
- Athletic wear
- Camps will be run with a ratio of 8 campers to 2 staff.
- All campers must be escorted by a parent or caregiver on the first day of camp.
- All campers must submit a daily health screening from home by 8 am each day.
- Each camper must be able to be dropped off successfully – parents will NOT be allowed into the building.
- Each camper must bring all their own food and a water bottle.
- Campers are not allowed to share or trade any personal items.
- Each camper must be able to properly wash their hands using the OPH protocol (20 sec.).
- Each camper must practice respiratory etiquette.
- Each camper must have full toileting skills.
- Each camper must bring and apply their own sunscreen, which cannot be shared. We also recommend using a sun-shirt/rash-guard.
- Different camp cohorts will not interact.
- Camp out-trips will be walking only.
- Dedicated equipment will be disinfect after use of each cohort.
- Campers will be allowed to use the play structure with a thorough disinfection between cohorts.
- Children who exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 (unrelated to seasonal allergies or other pre-existing conditions) will need to be picked up immediately.
- Campers awaiting COVID-19 test results may not attend camp.
Note: Spaces in our camps are limited due to COVID-19 physical distancing and health requirements. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. An email will subsequently be sent to all registrants with details regarding payment methods and health protocols. We recognize that the Ontario government may change their policies at any time and we will react accordingly.